Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Party of One has capitulated?

Well, today I logged on to the Coffee Party. Does that mean I have quit the Party of One? Maybe not, the Coffee Party is more an affiliation of many parties of one. The only common thread is that most members are tired of professional politics as usual and tired of shrill politics from others. My first post was:
Too much is being made of Scott Brown's victory in Massachusetts.

First, he came across to many people as folksy and Martha Coakesly (sp?) came across as arrogant.

Second, too many forget that 45% of the eligible voters didn't even show up. So, 52.7% of 55% is about 29% of the eligible voters. That looks like a landslide for "None of the above".

As somebody else posted on this website, "Vote! Vote! Vote!" . I would add that we should vote even if we leave a blank ballot. A blank ballot gets counted, a ballot not cast does not get counted.
I do hope you will consider looking at the Coffee Party and make a thoughtful decision on how much you want to support politics as usual.

As my father-in-law often said, "Throw the bustards out", even though he considered himself a staunch Republican and a proud NRA member.

My own saying is, "Vote for Joe, vote for Moe, or vote no, but vote."