Monday, November 22, 2010

Another business not living within its means

A couple of weeks ago I bought some facial tissue on sale, thinking I was getting such a deal that I bought 2 three-packs.

Last week opened a box because an old box was almost empty.  When I put the new box next to the old box, I discovered that the new box was about 2/3 the size of the old box.  What's going on here?

Neither box contained a count, but the pack wrapper for the new boxes listed it as 132 tissues per box.  132?  What kind of count is that?  Oh, that's about 2/3 of the old count of 200.

So, Proctor & Gamble, the distributor of Puffs has effectively raised its price per tissue by over fifty percent.

I bet the board of P&G would be hollering bloody murder if government raised taxes by the same percentage.

See also http://magree.blogspot.com/2010/10/businesses-dont-live-within-their-means.html.

P.S. Our other favorite fresh-squeezed orange juice producer also went from 64 oz. containers to 59 oz. containers.  Maybe we'll just buy fresh oranges and get more fiber.