Thursday, September 08, 2016

Political sign thieves

My wife had put a lawn sign for Jennifer Schultz, our state representative.

I put out the lawn sign I mentioned in "Elections are not won!"
http://magree.blogspot.com/2016/06/elections-are-not-won.html

I modified it to be

THE ONLY WAY
YOU THROW YOUR VOTE AWAY
IS TO STAY AWAY!

And at my wife’s insistence, I added

ALWAYS VOTE!

Without that she thought I was encouraging people to not vote.

I ordered three in the expectation that either one would be stolen or somebody would ask for one.

Sure enough, about a week later my sign was gone.

And the next night the Schultz sign was stolen.

The Schultz campaign delivered another sign but they put it close to the house.

I haven’t put up a second sign yet, but I might do that next week.

If that one is stolen, then I’ll put the third up on election day.

The question is the sign thief doing it because he or she wants the sign or is the thief playing petty politics.