Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I've not stopped writing because the end of the world is near

I have become erratic in my output for a couple of reasons.  One is all the problems with synching my contacts and calendars.  That has also made me tired, but two, I have either cold or hay fever symptoms.  The coughing and sniffling take energy.  Three, my wife has gone out of town for a few days, and now I have to work three times as hard as when she is here.  Make that five times as hard given the first and second reasons.

So, the end of the world is near.  Or so the Bible tells us according to some self-styled prophets.  But if every word of the Bible is true and the word of God, what does one make of Mark 24:35-36, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.  But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels or heaven, but my Father only."  That means either Harold Camping and his "rapture" followers don't really understand the Bible or they have one heck of a lot of hubris to know more than God.

Thanks to Josh Nelson, pastor of Spirit of Joy Lutheran Church in Buffalo MN for "They say the world will end Saturday.  What do they know?", Star Tribune, 2011-05-18.

Anyway, if you're still around on Monday or Tuesday, I hope to have one or more ideas posted by then.  I have quite a backlog of notes.

Enjoy your weekend, especially Sunday:)