Sunday, November 27, 2011

Iranian TV playing with fire reporting on Occupy movement

The Coffee Party on Facebook had a link to "Crackdown on OWS, creative tactics and the strategy to take back power". The lead-in on Facebook is "Interview with Chip Pitts, human rights advocate and Stanford law professor. "Occupy Wall Street is the closest thing to a civil rights movement in my lifetime...Lots of strands including Occupy movement, academic research and the Coffee Party are coming together in a beautiful harmony."

It was uploaded to YouTube by PressTVGlobalNews on Nov 17, 2011.

"The United States is currently grappling with growing protest rallies against corporatism, poverty and social inequity in the country." - from the text accompanying the video.

I'd say guess who PressTVGlobalNews is, but I've already partly given away that PressTV is owned by the Iranian government.

I wonder how many Iranians watch PressTV in Iran and how many wonder why the Iranian government doesn't practice what it preaches.

Here's another piece of fire that Press TV is playing with - "Russian Opposition demands free and fair elections".

Are these cases of do as I say, not as I do?