Friday, May 25, 2012

Circular search for poll results on what you know and what you watch

I followed up on my suspicions of the poll results in "Quote of the day - Fox 'news'" by clicking the link from "No News Is Better Than Fox News, Finds Mean Old Science", Don Hamel, Addicting Info, 2012-05-23, to "updated study from Fairleigh Dickinson University".  That page gave only two of the questions: “Which party has the greatest number of seats in the U.S. House of Representatives?” and a question about the deal linking the payroll tax cut and the Keystone XL pipeline.

At the bottom of the page is a box containing "Methodology, questions, and tables always on the web at http://publicmind.fdu.edu."  That takes me to the home page of Public Mind.  The links for each reference to the "What you know depends on what you watch" study take me back to the same PDF file.  My suspicions are still unsatisfied.

I'll send links to this blog to publicmind@fdu.edu.  If I get in additional information, I'll post it as soon as I can.  Then we may see how well we fare on this poll.

Update: I received a reply from Public Mind.  See "More info on poll linking knowledge with news source".