Friday, August 24, 2012

A progressive SuperPac?

Today we got a flyer "Take Down the Tea Party Ten: Credo Mobile fights Tea Party.  Does your phone company fund them?"

Credo has all kinds of teasers with 40% off for a year and contract buyout credit.

I visited www.credomobile.com/teaparty.  I found that Credo uses the Sprint network and has the usual rates.  I also found in the fine print "Brought to you by Working Assets".  If I remember correctly, Working Assets is a "socially responsible" investment company.

The big question is are your subscriber costs used for political contributions.  Or as a member of the network will you receive numerous appeals for donations?

If you are curious about this, I'll let you follow the links.  As for me, I'll stick with Verizon Wireless until such time as I think I can afford an iPhone with Sprint Virgin.  Big cost for the iPhone, really low cost for voice and data.