Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Netflix disappointed me

I've posted a couple of entries how the US Postal Service and Netflix give excellent service in keeping me supplied with movies.  If I put a DVD in a mail box, Netflix has it early in the morning of the next delivery day and sends me the next DVD in my queue.  I receive that DVD on the next delivery day, in effect, two days turnaround.

I think it was Sunday morning that I woke up wondering if the last DVD I sent back to Netflix even got there.  I had to think when and where I put it in the mail.  Ah, yes, I watched an Inspector Morse DVD on the night of the Presidential debates, last Wednesday.  I put it in the mail box at the University of Minnesota, Duluth, on my way to a University for Seniors class.

Did mail get picked up from that box?  I checked my account and it was no longer on my list.  Ah, yes, I did get an email that it had been received but I had already deleted it.  Then I got an email that the next DVD would be sent for Monday delivery.

Well, that wouldn't happen because Monday was the official Columbus day this year.  Then my account said it was not available.  I forgotten the other changes for the status that DVD.  Finally, the status was that I would get the second DVD in my list on Wednesday and the first DVD would be sent shortly.

Drat, my wife isn't interested in murder mysteries (except Agatha Christie's) and she went to the Twin Cities today. So, I would be able to watch it without disturbing her.

Oh, well, the bright side, maybe, is that I wrote that "delightful" critique of the political parties at http://magree.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-true-names-of-republicans-and.html.  If you read that, I hope you are pleased that I didn't watch a DVD instead.  If you were pleased, I hope you'll let me know if you see me.