Wednesday, December 25, 2013

iPhone and Google Maps save our marriage

As I drove towards our son's cabin my wife was reading the directions from an old Google Maps printout.  In Aitkin we are supposed to turn right onto County 1.  But there is no sign for County 1.

I pull over and pull out my iPhone and open Google Maps.  Lo and behold it shows exactly where we are.  I type in Cross Lake MN.  I don't remember whether I fat-thumbed a button or not, but a woman's voice says turn right on to County 1!

I am writing this early in the morning and I can't double check the directions because the sounds may wake somebody.  But we follow our guide's directions.  Well before each turn she tells us we should turn in so many feet.  At the turn she tells us to turn.

We made into Cross Lake without any further problem than the snow-packed roads.

There was more adventure but it is late.  Maybe I'll continue another time.