Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Surprising Google ranking

I've noticed that one of my April Fool's articles for the Reader Weekly has been getting many hits recently, but I didn't know why. When I did a search for its URL, www.cpinternet.com/~mdmagree/april_fool_2000-04-01.htm, I found no references except my own. However, when I did a search for billionaire and Duluth, this page and one other of mine were the top two out of over 26,000 results. I'll let you visit the page to find out what the interest is.

Another humor article, "Major Food Groups" has been getting even more hits, even more than this blog. Again, I find no references to the URL. When I search for "Major food groups" it is not in the top 30. When I add "chocolate", it is second out of over 25,000 results.

Gosh, if I can only figure the right tags to put in all of my pages to get this kind of ranking.