Saturday, July 25, 2009

Message from a swelled head

Goodness gracious! I've received three compliments on my writing in the last couple of days. "Awesome writer!" "I just absolutely love the way you write and what you write about..." "[I] was particularly struck by the [entry] about driving and cell phone use."

Some of these comments were in connection with a Caring Bridge website created this week. The title of the message of one of the complimenters was "How to keep people connected". To her I responded with

How to stay connected
1. Find an easy way to generate a website
2. Make sure that the website is easily accessible, avoid passwords
3. Carry a laptop
4. Be near to internet access
5. Make frequent updates
How to write well
1. Write often
2. Proofread
3. Rewrite
4. Repeat step 1-3
5. Promote yourself shamelessly
Now I hope you'll tell three friends about this blog.