Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why are you reading this blog?

Probably the majority of the 15-20 of you who read this blog are a friend or relative and like the personal stuff I write.  The rest of you are probably really turned off by the stringent ideology of the so-called right and skeptical about some of the alarmist thinking of many on the so-called left.

For all of you who want to get some more substance about the issues of the day, I suggest you take a look at the Liberal Curmudgeon.

I stumbled on his blog through the New York Times.  He wrote an analysis of the locavore movement, essentially debunking the argument about the cost of the energy to transmit food a thousand miles or more.  BTW, he lives on a small farm and looks forward to the produce from his garden.

He had several interesting entries following the locavore one, but, as usual, I don't remember them.  And since I am at our cabin, I'm not going to spend fifteen minutes at 24kbps to find out more.

If you visit the Liberal Curmudgeon and see me, please let me know what you think.