Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Immigration - an unattributed good thought

"You Say That Immigrants Threaten Your Way of Life, Man, That Must Be Tough." - a poster with a photo of an older Native American.

A relative posted on Facebook the poster "You Say That Immigrants Threaten Your Way Of Life, Man, That Must Be Tough".  She shared it from "Americans Against The Republican Party" and it supposedly came from "Being Liberal".

Before I posted it on my blog, I wanted to check authorship.  Neither Facebook site gave any such information.  I found http://www.freakyts.com/Pages/NativeAmerican.aspx with Google, and I had many chuckles with not only the Native American section but some of the others.  Are these designs original with freakyts, are they copyrighted by someone else, or are they in the public domain?

Whatever the case, I'll be back before Christmas.  Our family gives T-shirts, sweatshirts, or books.  I've already picked out two T-shirts.

I sent something similar to the above three paragraphs to freakyts's comments.

In response to my relative's posting, I added:

I always thought the Indians had a lousy immigration policy. Just think how they could have protected themselves if they had more guns.

On a more mundane note, I would like to post this on my blog, but I can find no attribution other than a facebook site. Somebody must have the rights to this.

Finally, Pete Seeger has on one album the following:

Two Indians are standing on the beach when a small boat pulls ashore. A man steps out and says, "Buenos Dias, SeƱores!"  One Indian looks at the other and says, "Well, there goes the neighborhood!"