Monday, August 19, 2013

A salmon attacked me!

After seeing the DVD "Forks Over Knives" and related DVDs and reading the books, we have gone to a mostly plant-based diet, losing a bit of weight and having a bit more energy.

About the time we started this diet, a friend sent us some salmon from Alaska.  We have often eaten salmon in the past, often as much as once a week.  It is a standing joke between us, if there are any bones in the fish, I find them and my wife finds none.

This last serving was the revenge of the salmon!  Every bite I took had at least one bone in it if not three!  Halfway through my portion I gave up.  I was chewing and chewing and picking and picking; it was too frustrating to enjoy the taste.

It won't help that salmon, but a few of its buddies will escape my jaw in the future.