Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Too much time spent solving computer glitches? Invoice the CEO!

When I installed Apple’s iOS 7.0.4 on my iPad suddenly the return key on my Logitech Solar Keyboard Folio didn’t work.  I looked and looked for a solution with little success.  I went back and forth with Logitech until they sent me a set of steps to reset the iPad.  The steps worked.

In the past few days I installed iOS 7.0.6.  I don’t know what happened to iOS 7.0.5.  After the installation of iOS 7.0.6, the return key on my Logitech KB didn’t work again.  Sunday or whenever I went through all of Logitech’s reset steps again.  After a bit of hit and miss banging the keys on the keyboard, the return key worked again.  A minor downside was that my wallpaper settings were reset to the default settings.

Then this morning the return key didn’t work again!!!  Was it because I had turned my iPad off and on.  I only needed to do the reset on iOS 7.0.4 once.  After a couple of tries I got the return key working again.  Again, it took awhile before pressing the return key had any effect.

Maybe tonight I’ll leave my iPad on and hope the return key works in the morning.

I am so tired of being an unpaid beta tester for software.  I think I’ll start sending invoices to CEOs for my time.  I wonder who has more problems – people signing up for health care exchanges or people who use a lot of computer software?  I do know that the support sites of many computer-related companies are filled with problems that never seem to get an answer.

Enough for the day!  I am going to spend the rest of the evening reading a paper book!