Sunday, March 22, 2015

I found “around here someplace”.

Whenever my wife or I can’t find something that we know should be in plain sight she often says “It will turn up” or “It’s around here someplace”.

A few weeks ago while we were at our cabin, my carabiner of keys attached to a belt loop was no longer on my belt loop.  Fortunately, I was at our cabin with my wife who also had a set of keys.  I searched all the obvious places, including aiming a flashlight down the outhouse.  At the time we had about eight inches of snow on the ground, and so the keys could have dropped anywhere.

So we had a new set of keys made and I bought another carabiner to hold them.

Yesterday, I was heating up the sauna to wash up later.  As I walked out the door, I scanned the area for my missing keys.  Lo and behold, there in the snow was a metallic orange device; it was my missing carabiner and keys.  The snow had melted enough to unhide them.

So, now I know “around here someplace” is just outside our sauna:)