Sunday, September 24, 2006

All in all, a successful day

I've been a busy boy today, what with two singing events and redoing some of my website

I sang with the church choir this morning and with the Swedish Singers (Svenska SÃ¥ngarna) this afternoon. In both cases I did quite well considering my often inconsistent singing. In both case we had a high E-flat which I managed reasonably well. I got most of the other notes also; at least my wife who stands near me said she didn't hear anything out of tune. That, dear readers, is high praise from her.

The Swedish Singers were invited to sing at the Cotton (Minnesota) Community Church Centennial. The church had been founded by mostly Swedish immigrants. We were invited to a late lunch afterward. I sat next to my friend Stan who I had bought to listen and he had sat next to a woman he knew.

The woman was a Swedish immigrant herself, coming at the age of three. She did not speak English until she went to school. It turns out she is my barber's landlady and is interested in joining the Swedish Singers. She cannot drive at night, and so if she is still interested when our next rehearsal comes around, I'll drive her. I think my price will be Swedish conversation.

The list of articles on my website was becoming unwieldy, and so I reorganized it into lists by year. The job was straightforward, but so many little things to do that it took all evening.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope to have more of interest tomorrow.