Yesterday I tried to pay my Verizon Wireless bill online, something I've been doing for more than a couple of years. It worked fine at the beginning of January. Yesterday when I clicked the "Submit" button, nothing happened. Well, the second time I tried, the button enlarged.
Today I tried again. Same result. I tried with Firefox instead of Safari. Same result.
One of the "efficiencies" any well-run organization tries for is cash flow. Don't let the checks pile up in a drawer, but get them to a bank PDQ and let the dollars work for you. I don't know how many thousands or millions of dollars Verizon receives each day, but I would think it would review its software changes quickly to get that cash flow back up.