Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Another example of corporate "efficiency"

Yesterday I tried to pay my Verizon Wireless bill online, something I've been doing for more than a couple of years.  It worked fine at the beginning of January.  Yesterday when I clicked the "Submit" button, nothing happened.  Well, the second time I tried, the button enlarged.

Today I tried again.  Same result.  I tried with Firefox instead of Safari.  Same result.

One of the "efficiencies" any well-run organization tries for is cash flow.  Don't let the checks pile up in a drawer, but get them to a bank PDQ and let the dollars work for you.  I don't know how many thousands or millions of dollars Verizon receives each day, but I would think it would review its software changes quickly to get that cash flow back up.