Thursday, April 26, 2012

Customer Service Department?

The Star Tribune box near our house in Duluth is often empty by eight o'clock or even earlier.  Once this week it had three or so copies after eight, but it was back to empty by 7:30 this morning.

Earlier this week I sent email to the customer service department and received no reply.  I thought maybe more copies yesterday was the action the Star Tribune took in response to my email.  When it was empty today, I sent another email.  I received a reply that included:

"Thank you for contacting the Star Tribune. I would be happy to assist you with your inquiry. Please call our single copy department at 612-673-4313."

Excuse me, but shouldn't customer service route complaints to the relevant department rather than ask the customer to call that department.

And people complain about being routed from one government department to another.  Bureaucracy is found in all economic models.