Thursday, September 27, 2012

To my one faithful reader and others

Within an hour of posting a new blog entry, it seems within an hour, at least one person has read that entry.  Whoever you are, thank you!

Unfortunately, I haven't given you or others much to read lately.  That's because I've made my to-do list a bit longer and blogging has taken a back seat.  I originally called this blog "Irregular Blog" because I didn't know how often I would post something.  I guess the name still means something.

One, the fall quarter for University for Seniors has started at the University of Minnesota, Duluth.  I signed up for five classes, but fortunately I was wait-listed for two.  Otherwise, I would have been really full up.

Two, I bought some new toys - an iPhone and an iPod.  From the simple Apple Macintosh "For the rest of us" we have seen the boxes get smaller and the capabilities grow almost exponentially.  It is no longer a simple matter of pulling the computer out of the box, plugging it in, and starting work.  There are settings galore, dozens of features to explore, and a whole lot more to do all you want to do.

Three, I finally found a round tuit to reinsulate the floor of our cabin.  That is a blog entry in itself.  Oh, yes, I don't do much blogging at our cabin because the connection is so darn slow.

There is a bit more on the new toys, but I must go finish installing Skype on the iPad so my wife can use it when she visits our daughter and they can talk to our son in Japan.

So, please keep checking.  You never know when I might post three entries in a day.

Thanks for your readership.