Wednesday, June 26, 2013

More wacky magic!

I went out this afternoon on a few errands.  Just before I found a parking spot at the supermarket, a heavy downpour started.  Even with the umbrella on the seat beside me, I wasn't going to venture out in that cloudburst.

I sat and played sudoku on my iPhone for a while.  Then I thought I had better call my wife to let her know I would be delayed.  Before I finished the sudoku puzzle, the rain let up considerably.

When I checked out the cashier asked how I was doing with the weather.  I told him that I made the rain stop by calling my wife.  He asked if I could keep it from raining until his shift was over.  I asked if he had an hour or two.  He looked at a clock and said more like four hours.  I replied that I couldn't make my magic work that long.

As I walked out to my car, I remembered an old incantation from Boy Scouts.  Just say "Oh-wah, Tah-guh, Siam" over and over again until the rain stops.  If the rain hasn't stopped after fifteen minutes, start saying the incantation faster and faster.  If the rain doesn't stop, you should get a message.