Saturday, February 28, 2009

Personal service? A personal reply

I sent a note to my insurance agency with reference to "Personal service?" This afternoon I received a reply from the manager of the agency. She wrote it today, a Saturday!

What was more surprising was that she told me that the insurance company has freed its agents to develop their own software and she asked my advice about consultants.

I gave her some suggestions about various resources in the Twin Cities and said I would pass her message on to some friends that might have contacts. Then I realized that there is a resource much closer to me. My daughter is the President of a consulting company that is way bigger and better than the tiny one-person software development company I had in the 80s and 90s. I hadn't understood the full scope of her company until I visited the website of the company, Fredrickson Communications.

I wonder if this blog entry will get me referral fees:)

Oh, yes, since I've gotten such a positive reaction from the insurance agency, I should mention that it is Jacob Group Agency representing Allstate Insurance. The contact is Rob Jacob and the manager is Lana Haben.