Friday, August 07, 2009

Bill Maher on our fellow citizen's intelligence

With a mix of fact and off-the-wall humor, Bill Maher held forth on how intelligence we are as a country, or rather how we are not, in "Smart President ≠ Smart Country".

That reminds me, someone at coffee said he would send me a name the state map game. He did not send it yet. The basis of his offer was a discussion on how many people can't place states on a map.

In that conversation, I mentioned the tale I heard about a Congressman who asked if he could drive to Hawaii. Which shows you how stories can take on a life of their own. The gullible would believe this story; the skeptical would not or would at least check. Without looking into every search item I found, I would say that "driving to Hawaii" is used as an example of an impossibility.