Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A lazy afternoon at our cabin

As we pulled up to our cabin in Brimson around noon today, I looked at the grass at the end of the driveway and thought I better mow it. As we parked I looked at the grass around the cabin and thought I better mow it. I also thought of the trail I intended to mow and trim back branches.

But is was a sunny day with little wind. The temp was 78 in the shade. The heck with it; we spend too much time working there. We were only going to be there four hours. I'm just going to loaf.

Well, I didn't quite just loaf; I did a few odds and ends. I hung up the hammock for my wife. I pumped some water to put out our "campfire" of junk bits of firewood. I started the fire. I emptied and washed mousetraps from tool shed.

Then I put out a folding chair in shade and sat down with my iPod. I wrote the notes for this blog and played about three "expert" games of Sudoku. I needed a hint for each of them. I only got up to get some drinking water or to rearrange the fire.

Whoosh! It was time to go home. Put out the fire. Clean up and lock up. Boo hoo! We're leaving. I can hardly wait until the next time, even if I will spend most of my time working.