Monday, March 28, 2011

Another anonymous anti-free market business

Today I received a "REQUEST FOR IMMEDIATE ACTION - TIME SENSITIVE MATERIAL ENCLOSED" piece with no more sender information than "CHEVROLET" above this phrase, postage was paid in Fort Lauderdale FL, and inside an 888 number.  Oh, maybe it is "VEHICLE PROTECTION OF AMERICA" which appears twice on the inside.

It warns me that my dealership warranty is expiring soon and offers various coverages in years and miles and a list of what is covered.  However, this company doesn't believe in a free market because it does not provide all the information that I need to make a buy decision - nowhere does it list any prices, even though it knows the make, model, and year of my vehicle and it obviously knows where I live.

In other words, they want me to call and hope that the phone representative can talk me into the coverage.

Sorry, VEHICLE PROTECTION OF AMERICA, I just threw your TIME SENSITIVE MATERIAL into the recycle box.