Monday, November 11, 2013

I don't miss Russian reverse spamming

Starting about a week ago, this blog has had no readers from Russia.  Up to then, the number of page views from Russia often outnumbered the page views from the U.S.  Then the page views from Russian started dropping.  My minuscule page count dropped somewhat, but it seemed my U.S. views went up.  Not to stellar heights, but a bit better than previously.

I don't know why the Russian reverse spamming stopped, but I'll take any and all of the following: they saw no response from me,  Russian authorities put some of them out of business, or internet authorities in the U.S and elsewhere stopped the spammers probes.

Now, is the increase in page views because reverse spammers have moved to the U.S. or is the increase because real readers are telling their friends or I'm thinking up clever keywords.  I do now that some of my entries on Kathleen Sebelius are still getting many hits.

Whatever, I do appreciate the two or three dozen regular readers.  I  hope I can give you something of interest several times a week.