Wednesday, November 13, 2013

PANIC! My iPhone won't turn on!

Boy!  All those complaining about the glitches about the Affordable Care Act should go to the discussion boards of almost any hardware or software company.  Dozens and dozens of people complain about problems and the companies never respond directly.

This evening my iPhone would not turn on after my not having used it for an hour or so.  I held and held the power button or the home button.  Nada.  I planned on going to Best Buy tomorrow about it, I have a two-year warranty contract.  But first, why not try the Apple Community?

Ah ha!  People have been complaining about this problem for over a year.  I found at least four threads about the problem.  The solution provided by other users is simple: hold the power button and the home button down at the same time.  I think my screen came on within a few seconds.  Some had to hold it even longer.  Some had no success.

By the way, when I had my iPhone working again, I noticed I had an App update.  The reason for the update?  Bug fixes.  When was that app updated last?  About a week ago.  The reasons?  Bug fixes!