Friday, November 24, 2006

Ain't standardization wonderful?

I'm sitting in "Brewed Awakening", a coffee shop in Grand Rapids, Minnesota with a free hotspot. However, I can't seem to upload the latest updates to my website. I'm using Fetch to move the pages to my website and the little doggie keeps running and running but never stops. It should only take a few seconds to upload three small files. I'll see if Blogger accepts this entry.

I'm visiting my daughter's "cabin" in Cohasset, about 15 or so miles west of Grand Rapids. They have no phone other than cell, and so I came here to check up on things.

One of the interesting things I did this morning is show my youngest grandson how to sharpen an ax. He gets the side-to-side motion but not the down motion. Its the down motion that really does the sharpening.

I'm trying to post my latest Reader Weekly column, "Forgetting". The forgetting goes on. I forgot to put my reading glasses in my pack, and now that I'm set up here, I don't want to go back to my truck to get the glasses in the console. Squint! Squint!