Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Lucky us!!!

We went to the Twin Cities for the past two nights.  As we drove out the alley I wondered if I had closed the garage door.  I backed up to double check and saw that I had.

When we returned today, my wife took a few things to the back door and was rummaging in her purse for her keys.  I followed with a couple of bags, noticed what she was doing, and said, "Look at the door!"

She wondered what I was talking about because she was to the side of the door and could only see the storm door.  I said, "The back door is open!"

It was at about a 45 degree angle.  Apparently the last one out hadn't drawn the door all the way shut and the wind had blown it open.

Lucky us that no opportunistic thief was roaming the neighborhood.  Unlucky us that we had a somewhat cold house and will have a bigger gas bill next month.  Lucky us that it wasn't colder and we had some pipes freeze.