Saturday, February 18, 2012

Getting older with an active mind

The older I get, the longer my to-do list gets.  In fact, it is so long that it seems I spend half my time deciding which item to do next.

Even then, after I do something, I am on to so many other things I forgot what I have done.

Several acquaintances have told me that they enjoy reading my letters to the editor, either in the Star Tribune or in the Duluth News Tribune, mostly the latter.  Many ask we when I'm going to write something again.  I've been telling them that I can only get published every 30 days, if my letter or article is accepted.

Today somebody asked me when I would have something in again, and I replied that I had submitted to the Star Tribune.  But I couldn't remember what the subject was; I think in part because I moved on to several other ideas.  It wasn't until hours later that I remembered it was on the proposed marriage amendment to the Minnesota Constitution.

Gosh, I wish I could get as many people who ask me about my letters would read this blog.  I'm still running between 20 and 30 subscribers every day with only one or two actually looking at the full text.

Now to decide which of the seven items in my list in my composition file to write next, or should I select one of the dozen or so in another to-do list, or …