Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The new look of this blog

Am I getting old or are techies writing less clearly?

I've noticed how the ads on this blog were placed on top of some other header stuff. It looked ugly, but I didn't want to take the time to correct it. Finally I did and took up Google Blogger's offer of a new interface. The new interface certainly looks better and is easier to manipulate.

I also think the layout is better and cleaner.

But getting there was a chore. Windows have cursors that change to hands, but the hands don't move anything. You have to go to another window to that action. I'm not sure how users can subscribe to my blog, but I put in a "gadget" that supposedly allows that.

Oh, for the days of the printed manuals with good indexes! I remember when the Macintosh first came out and I wanted to type certain Swedish, French, or German characters, I just looked up certain terms in index, found the page, and there were the key combinations for those letters. Now, I bet few of you who even speak these languages have figured out how to type these characters.

Well, I do know the ads are better placed. I just wish I would get more revenue from them and I could figure out how to center them. If you see me, please let me know what you think.