Sunday, February 05, 2012

A busy day of trying to do too much

I read the newspaper and it gives me ideas for blog entries. When I write a blog entry I often think of something that needs more clarification. To get more clarification, I search the web for relevant material. I may find something interesting, but that also needs more clarification. The latest find was a chapter of a book. The file had no citation about the larger work or the author. So, I sent email to the webmaster asking for details. I probably won't receive an answer until Monday or Tuesday.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to learn several songs for "Madrigal Dinners". I would like to memorize them but first I have to sing them correctly. For a guy who has been told he has a nice voice, I'm also one who has difficulty staying in key and in time. Plus, I have difficulty grabbing enough air to sing more than two bars on a single breath. And we just remembered we have a practice tonight.

So, you wonder what are "Madrigal Dinners". For the second year, the Unitarian-Universalist Congregation of Duluth is putting on Madrigal Dinners. These are five course meals supposedly in a renaissance manor with much entertainment. The choir is part of the entertainment.

Can you attend a Madrigal Dinner? I'm glad you asked. For more information see "Winter in Love Madrigal Dinners". Tell them Mel sent you.