Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pledge of allegiance revisited

I find it interesting to look at Google's reports of this blog and of my website with many of my Reader Weekly articles.

One report is referring websites. That led to "Extremism continues on the Unfair campaign".

Another report is search words. One set today was "in defense of obama's patriotism a dissent on the pledge". Hm! What did I write that showed up in a Google search of that phrase? Doing my own search with that phrase, I found that one of my blog entries turned up fourth out of about 169,000 results!!! The entry is "Pledge of Allegiance or Sledge of Allegiance" from February 2008.

My only reference to the phrase is "Among the more interesting hits, you'll find "In Defense of Obama's Patriotism, A dissent on the pledge", Ron Rosenbaum, Slate, Nov. 12, 2007 http://www.slate.com/id/2177838/fr/rss/". My tags didn't include that specific phrase but I guess I used enough other relevant tags to get a good position.

I did reread Rosenbaum's article, and I still agree with him. It makes me think that my renaming Republicans as Roboticans was very appropriate. Hm! I typed that new name as Roboticons; that might be appropriate too.

And since I'm running wild at the keyboard, I'll be an equal opportunity name changer. Given that so many Democrats also depend on big buck, corporate donors, shouldn't they be called Plutocrats?