Thursday, September 26, 2013

An alternative to Hillary mania

I see two strong opposing notions about Hillary Clinton running for president.  On one side we have all the Clinton haters who think the Clintons are second only to Obama in being the worst thing that could happen to U.S. politics.  On the other side we have those who think we must have a woman for president and that Hillary Clinton is the best choice.

I don't agree with either side.  We have had worse presidents than Clinton or Obama.  Although I'm not opposed to a woman being president, it doesn't matter to me whether it is sooner or later.  And is Hillary Clinton the best possible woman to have as president?

What really bothers me is that we seem to be trending to "elected" hereditary office.  Because George H. W. Bush was president, then George W. Bush and Jeb Bush should also be president.  Because Bill Clinton was president, then Hillary Clinton should be president.

If you want women for president, I have two better choices and I would vote for them over many, many men: Elizabeth Warren and Kathleen Sebelius.  Maybe even a pair - president and vice-president.  Pick your order.  I lean to Sebelius as president because she has been a governor who could work with the opposition.  Warren might be a good campaigner as vice-president because she is being a good "attack dog" in the Senate.