Thursday, April 23, 2009

I'm not a busker; I'll be a busker

I got my first rejection notice as a busker. The Duluth Division of Parks and Recreation turned down my application to be a Downtown Waterfront Performer and returned my check.

I knew this was coming because I had passed on the message that my name should be put at the bottom of the list. I knew that I would not appear very often and could be taking one of the twenty spots from somebody who would. Probably the real story is that the twenty performers who had spots last rear reapplied making my "generosity" rather moot.

This afternoon I received email from the Marketing Manager of Glensheen Mansion inviting me to be a busker at the 30th anniversary celebration on May 22. I know, I know, it wasn't a personal invitation but an invitation to a mailing list. Still, it is nice to still be on the list and invited. I replied that I was interested.

BTW, you can find an interesting, but lengthy, article on busking at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busker

Gotta go! Time to practice some more!