Wednesday, April 08, 2009

A skeptic had another premonition

I think it was Monday that I thought about Steve Cannon, a personality on WCCO-AM for many years. I was standing in our dining room when I thought about him, possibly in connection with the person I carpooled with. He alway had "The Cannon Mess" on as we drove home.

This morning I read that Steve Cannon died on Monday. I read it in the Duluth News Tribune but I can find no online reference. The only online reference I found in the Star Tribune was a tribute, "Remembering Steve Cannon: the king of talkers". http://www.startribune.com/opinion/commentary/42630267.html

Do I have some psychic antenna that picked up that Steve Cannon died? I doubt it. The question is how many people thought about Steve Cannon on any given day over the past year or two or three. Nobody really knows because few people would make a remark about thinking of somebody they don't know.

And I've had premonitions about things that didn't happen. See "Premonitions and predictions".

And I had no premonition about falling backward on a stump. See "The Adventures of Superwoodsman, Episode 4".