Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What gives with spammers this week?

I haven't seen as much spam ever as this week. At six in the evening I already have 23 spams for watches, losing weight, sexual dysfunction, and stock tips. The Russian spam has gone down considerably. I got the first in days: something about filtering internet ads, I think. I haven't gotten any Turkish spam for awhile.

I have been passing on phishing spam to the spoofed companies, even if I don't do business with them. I figure it's my little bit to put a stop to these criminals. If you go to the legitimate site for a spoofed company, you may be able to find something about their spoof policies. Either forward the spam or include it an attachment.

Three I know about are

spoof@paypal.com
abuse@bankofamerica.com
abuse@USAA.com

May you never need to use these addresses.