Thursday, March 05, 2009

I'm paying "high taxes" again!

I brought my truck into a Ford dealer because it has been squeaking on the right front. Tuesday I could push down on the bumper and the truck sounded like a whimpering puppy. Today I pushed down and heard nothing. On my trip to the dealer, I heard nothing.

The service representative just told me there was something, expensive somethings. A boot on the in the suspension was torn. When it was cold and dry it squeaked. Today it is warm with standing water on the roads. The boot is lubricated with water and doesn't squeak.

Additionally a tie rod is loose and has to be replaced. And, of course, the front end has to be realigned when all the repairs are made.

As of this writing, I don't know the full cost, but it will be over six hundred dollars, eight wouldn't surprise me.

How do front ends get damaged? From potholes. Why are there potholes? Because we won't pay enough taxes to build roads that will stand up to harsh weather, and we won't even pay enough taxes to repair the roads we have in a timely fashion.

So, we have to pay for the condition of our roads in another way. Either way, we are being taxed. Interestingly, this repair will be more than we pay to the City of Duluth in real estate taxes each year.